Re: Printing problem with Evince

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Printing problem with Evince
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:58:50 +0200

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I have only a couple of non-free apps on my Ubuntu machines, and Acrobat
> Reader is one of them because of this problem.  :(
>
> Jon
>
> p.s. BTW, Apple's Preview also seems to render lilypond-generated .pdf
> files badly compared to Acrobat Reader.  At least when I print them they
> look terrible from Preview.

Huh? No problems with the latter one here; by now, I only start the
Adobe reader for presentations on my Mac (Leopard). Preview is just
/way/ faster.

On the other hand, I have a printer employing built-in PostScript
support (which I, by the way, really recommend for anyone not using
Windows exclusively; though you sometimes have to wait for complicated
vector drawings, unless you're investing a good amount of money).
But also the on-screen rendering of both PDF and PostScript looks
absolutely fine even at extreme zoom levels---lines and rounded boxes as
well as fonts---, so it might be a problem with your printer driver on Mac?