Re: grace-notes inside tuplet-brackets

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: grace-notes inside tuplet-brackets
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 13:21:28 -0300

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 6:20 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Placing gracenotes together with the first note in tuplet-groups
> distorts the tuplet-bracket in several ways, either taking it away
> completely (if its at the start of the staff), or displacing it
> vertically.

> I can move the initial gracenotes before the tuplet-group and have it
> behave as expected, but this is a problematic in the context im working
> in (and counterintuitive?).  Any hints?

Good point; I guess we should have some sort of feature where the
effect of tripet start and end is delayed until the onset of the main
note.

> While im at it.  Having to manually insert 'silent' grace-notes at the
> head of bars to accomodate real gracenotes in other staffs is double
> work and error-prone.  Is this a bug or is there some reason behind
> this?

See http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=34&num=150

The problem is that solving this problem is difficult; if you like
challenges, give it a go :-)