Re: mBreak function

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: mBreak function
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 02:42:54 -0400

Hi Danny,

The suggestion in the docs is to define mBreak as a variable in your input file like this:

mBreak = { \break }

Later, when you want to use it, you simply type "\mBreak" without the quotes. This way, if you want to delete the manual line breaks later on, you can delete "\break" from the variable definition, thus defining mBreak as nothing:

mBreak = { }

and telling your input file to use LilyPond's default spacing and line breaking. This saves you from having to delete each individual "\mBreak" from your input file.

Otherwise, simply use "\break" without the quotes to insert manual system breaks.

Hope this helps...

David

Danny Sosa wrote:
Hello everyone! Thank you all for your help so far.
There is something that I cannot figure out! I need help...
I'm trying to typeset an existing piece of music with lilypond
I thought that using mBreak was a very good idea as explained in the manual
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Typesetting-existing-music#Typesetting-existing-music
I have tried every different way that I can imagine, and I always get the same:

2.ly:21:27: error: unknown escaped string: `\mBreak'
    gis [_(a) c_(b) ais b]
                           \mBreak
2.ly:21:27: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
    gis [_(a) c_(b) ais b]
                           \mBreak
2.ly:10:0: error: errors found, ignoring music expression

and I am doing it pretty much the same as in the
has anybody gone through this who could give me a hand on how to fix this?
Thanks!
p.s. let me know if you need me to post the whole .ly file