Re: Three newbie questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Three newbie questions
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:39:03 +0100

If you use
\set chordRootNamer = #(lambda (x) "-")
you will not get any syntax errors, you don't get any syntax errors but you get a somewhat
unexpected output. If you, in addition, set
\set chordNoteNamer = #note-name->markup
the result is somewhat more similar to what you want (by default it seems that chordNoteNamer uses the value of chordRootNamer unless it's explicitly set). However, since the modifier is still printed, you don't really get the result you want, at least not if the chord is f:m/es (however, if you don't care about MIDI output, you could then use the corresponding chord without the modifier,
f:/es in the input to get the desired output.

  /Mats

Atte André Jensen wrote:
Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

So I suppose using
\set chordRootNamer = #(lambda (x) ("-")) or something like that (I'm not sure about the syntax), then \unset chordRootNamer would do the trick.

Ok, I wasn't able to make some valid lilypond syntax with this. I asked google and didn't get much help there.

Anyone knows how this could be done?

Ideally I think it should be a boolean property, something like

\set repeatedRootsDash = ##t

If I should try to implement this in lilypond (and submit a patch if I succed), which file should I look at? Would I need a compiled-by-hand version of lilypond in order to try to implement this, or is it possible to work with my 2.10.33 from ubuntu repositories?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)