Re: Absolute newbie: how do I ... ?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Absolute newbie: how do I ... ?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:27:54 -0600

I've put together a quick sample of how this could work. I'm doing this sort of thing with my counterpoint workbook at the moment and lilypond-book is excellent for it.

Two source files are attached, a .lytex and a .ly. The .lytex file links to the .ly file, so be sure to put them in the same directory before you run it. I think it will work without any extra LaTeX packages. Just follow the instructions in Application Usage for running lilypond-book and it should work fine:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/LilyPond_002dbook#LilyPond_002dbook

I've also attached the pdf file showing the final result.

Good luck to you (and your son!),

Jon