Re: Parser error when including file

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Parser error when including file
Date: 22 Nov 2008 16:26:01 +0100

Arjan Bos <address@hidden> writes:

> It certainly seems weird and I can understand why it is. And I know it
> is very hard to write good parsing error messages, but if I now jump
> to the error, it jumps away from my typo into a perfectly correct
> file. And I can't help but wondering that it might be very useful if
> the error was pointing at the file with the actual error in it instead
> of pointing at a perfectly correct file.

No, your typo in includeError causes an error in includedError.
There's nothing wrong with your "y" in includeError. The error really
*is* in includedError.

E.g., if includedError did contain

  \version "2.11.57"
  = \relative c' { a b c }

then everything would be okay and there would be no error.

As I said, weird, but logical.
And no too hard to live with ;).

-- Johan