Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Lilypond

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Lilypond
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:04:49 -0500

Downloading the 'any x86' installer from the lilypond website and then running it using the directions on the download page works flawlessly. Alternatively, run the Add/Remove program (on the main menu) and search 'lilypond' and that should give you the option to install the 'stable' branch (2.10.33), but there are many reasons to use the latest development branch, and it's really not that hard to install.

And on behalf of all the other GNU/Linux users on the list, Welcome to Linux!

Dave

Ronald van Eunen wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Lilypond on a Windows Xp based computer.
Just for trying, music notation used to be my only reason for keeping Windows.
But now that I've found Lilypond, I want to install it on my Ubuntu laptop.
It seems to install (via apt-get), but no results so far.

What do I need to know? I still consider myself an Ubuntu/Linux newbie.
Please help me enjoy Lilypond and get rid of Microsoft!!

Thx,

Ronald