Re: Just chords and lyrics.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Just chords and lyrics.
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:21:17 +0100

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 11/28/08 4:47 AM, "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden> wrote:

There's major problem with your proposed \hideAll (or whatever you want
to call it), namely
that the hidden voice will influence the placement of the other voices,
since LilyPond will
try to avoid collisions with the hidden note heads. Therefore, this
solution is not really working
if you want to use it to align lyrics to a hidden Voice in a Staff that
also contains other voices.

When I used it to align lyrics to partcombined music, I simply transposed
the voice I used with lyricsto up an octave, and everything seemed to work
fine.
Yes, that's one possible trick, but as long as you only have set the objects as transparent, they will still influence spacing, for example the spacing to other objects that appear above the staff. Trying to instead to \override NoteHead #'stencil = ##f doesn't help either, since
then the lyrics alignment won't work anymore.

     /Mats