Re: Can't generate PDF file in Windows

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Can't generate PDF file in Windows
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:12:46 +0100

When I try it in a command window, this is what I get:

C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin>lilypond --pdf bwv1007_prelude_clarinet.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.10.33
programming error: cannot find absolute argv0
continuing, cross fingers
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

I suppose the problem is that you have first to change the current directory to the directory of your ly file, with the command "cd".
For example
 cd /D "D:\myLyFiles\prelude.ly"
Then you can call
   lilypond prelude.ly

You can also make a little bat file (called "lily.bat" for example) which will do that automatically.

@echo off
cd /D "%~dp1"
lilypond "%~nx1"

At last, you can even replace the "lilypond" command by the complete path of lily.bat, in the action associated with "Generate PDF" item of ly files menu.

Gilles