Re: smaller voice

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: smaller voice
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:07:45 -0600

stefanozanobini wrote:
Hi,
I would like to wirte a melody and the same melody an octave lower (as
"ossia"), but in a single staff.
How to make the lower voice smaller (80% smaller notehead + thickness
beam + steam length)

Follow the directions here for changing fontsize:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inside-the-staff#Selecting-notation-font-size

Just be sure to apply the command to change fontSize only to the voice you want changed, not to all the voices.

I made a minimal example like I think you want:

\relative c'' {
<< { c d e } \\ { \set fontSize = #-4 c, d e } >>
}

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp