Re: automatic beams over rests

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: automatic beams over rests
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:22:03 -0700

On 12/7/08 10:41 AM, "Stefan Thomas" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Dear Mark,
> thanks for Your answer. I knew that it is possible, to get the beamnings with
> putting the beams and the music into the same context. But I wanted to ask, if
> there is maybee a possibilitie to do this fully automatically. I know that
> there is a possibilitie to do this in Finale and Sibelius. Beams over rest can
> be very useful in rhythmic complex contermporary music and it would be great
> if one could switch on the beams over rests automatically. Can be done
> something like this with a sheme-script?
>
> 2008/12/7 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>
>> Stefan,
>>
>> see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-11/msg00213.html
>>
>> - Mark

Stefan,

This would require a rewrite of the AutoBeaming code.  It may be doable -- I
haven't looked at it yet.  I think I was the last person to touch the
autobeaming code.

For now, you should probably request this as a feature request on
bug-lilypond.

Maybe I can take a stab at it over the Christmas holiday.

Carl