Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: New LilyPondTool version available for testing
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:12:50 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote:
Bert,

I don't know to what extent my particular system
affects the following issues, but here are some questions and comments.

QUESTIONS:
1) What does "Use complex parser" mean?
If you use this, you will get an almost real LilyPond parser, that will find errors like c.8 instead of c8.
Recommended setting: on
I will hide it from the toolbar, anyway, because it's relatively stable.

2) What effect does "Enable experimental features" have?
It switches off some feature which doesn't work yet.
2) my PDF file path has contains spaces, but I don't want to move AcroRd32.exe out of \Reader 9.0\ or for that matter \Program Files\. Any workaround?
You don't have to move AcroRd32.exe It is enough, if the ly file path doesn't contain any spaces.
3) How do I set an .ly file as the "main file"?
Click right button in the project viewer.
COMMENTS:
1) MIDI won't play unless I explicitly set
   #(ly:set-option 'midi-extension "midi")
Oh, thanks, I forgot about this. (On Windows the default extension changed.
2) reverse point-and-click seems buggy
Yes, it is. But sometimes it really works :-).
3) 3 java.lang.NullPointerException errors occur
   simply upon loading jEdit
Thanks, I fixed them.
4) clicking "LilyTool Help" generates the following
   dialog box:

   The file
   jeditresource:LilyPondTool.jar!/doc/users-guide.html
   could not be loaded due to an I/O error.
(java.io.IOException: Resource not found: LilyPondTool.jar!/doc/users-guide.html)
It seems, I didn't package the doc.
5) This probably doesn't apply to me, or at least I don't understand it, but clicking on any of the Wizard options in the Development menu generates
   errors like this one:

Sourced file: inline evaluation of: `` import lilytool.macrohelp.InputDialog; dlg=new InputDialog("Template wizar . . . '' Token Parsing Error: Lexical error at line 18, column 35. Encountered: "\r" (13), after : "\"##": <at unknown location>
Oh, it seems, Velocity got broken. I will try to fix it.
6) syntax highlighting misses some commands? Here's
   a list of presumed discrepancies:

The mode file accidentally were not generated from the latest version of LilyPond I suppose. Also, dashed keywords can not be well highlighted I think.

Thanks for the feedback

Bert