Re: also, lyric help

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: also, lyric help
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:01:22 +0100

On 27 dec 2008, at 10:45, James E. Bailey wrote:

How is a voice (almost) implicit? I explicitly create the first voice "unbeamed notes" and then I explicitly create the second voice "beamed notes". Both voices are explicitly created.
Mmm, My Bad. Entschuldigung. You do explicitly create two voices.
What I meant was voices created in the score block instead of creating a new voice inside another voice.

The problem I have is that when I switch between voices in my melody, the lyrics don't pick up when the voice comes back. Is that a bug?
I've got no idea if that's a bug or not, but the way I work around it is by having two \context Voice statements in my \score block. One for the unbeamed notes and one for the beamed notes. This allows me to attach the lyrics with \lyricsto o the voice with the unbeamed notes, just like the examples in the NR 2.1.3 "Aligning lyrics to a melody".

Maybe I don't understand voice or lyrics contexts, but I read that things are carried over in a voice context. Bah. I guess I'll just do this the long way.

Kind regards,
Arjan Bos