Re: incipit in 2.12: some remarks

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: incipit in 2.12: some remarks
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:45:56 -0000

Stefan, you wrote Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:14 PM

- Something about incipits should be added to the documentation again. Currently there is a chapter for it (see 2.8.5) that contains nothing but "TBC".

Yes, unfortunately there is no one in the doc team that has the
knowledge and/or time to write this section at the moment. Would you be interested in preparing some text for this?
A few paragraphs of straight text and a couple of examples
sent to me would be fine.

- The incipit function in the snippet sets the style for notes and time signature to 'neomensural' but unfortunately not for the rests - which are still printed in modern notation. I didn't find out how to set this correctly in the snippet function.

I don't think the incipit function in the snippet titled "Incipit" actually sets the neomensural style itself - this seems to be set in the music supplied to the function. So using

\override Rest #'style = #'neomensural

in the music should work.  I'll see if I can fix this.

- I would be VERY happy if the incipit function could be shipped with standard lilypond. I wouldn't want to include this function into all of my scores and it would be great to have it out of the box in future versions!

There are still some issues with incipits, I believe, so this
snippet should be regarded as just a possible approach. For the same reasons this will probably not be included as a standard function.

Best regards,

Stefan

Trevor