Insert new pitches

From: lucifree
Subject: Insert new pitches
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:10:46 +0100

Hi all,

I wanted to add new pitches for percussion, eg : a second crash cymbal. So i copied the drumPitchNames section from drumpitch-init.ly into my document, then added two new lines :

drumPitchNames =
#'(
  (crashcymbalbis . crashcymbalbis)
  (cymk . crashcymbalbis)
% then copied here all other lines
)

(I also have a section 'myDrums' as explained in doc to set all my note heads & positions.)

The question is : there is a syntaxic way to ADD my new pitch to the default drumPitchNames structure rather than COPY it all ?? (and so benefit of later modifications in distributed file, reduce/simplify my doc length, etc...)

Thanks,
L.