Re: rearrange music flow

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: rearrange music flow
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 09:40:24 -0700

Antanas,

On 1/3/09 9:21 AM, "Antanas Budri?nas" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, I feel myself not yet ready for "froging" because such simple task
> makes me trouble.
> Slightly modifying Carl's function I tend to include lyrics into parallel
> staves function.
> I can't understand what should be in place of 'ly:xxx?' as variable's type?

ly:xxx? should be ly:music?.  Lyrics are music expressions too.

>> parallelStaffs = #(define-music-function (parser location firstStaff
>> firstLyrics
>> secondStaff secondLyrics)
>>                       (ly:music? ly:xxx? ly:music? ly:xxx?)
>> #{ <<
>>      \context Staff = "StaffOne"  {
>>        \context Voice = "VoiceOne" {
>>          $firstStaff
>>        }
>           \context Lyrics = "LyricsOne" \lyricmode {
>               \set associatedVoice = #"VoiceOne"
>              $firstLyrics
>          }
>>      }
>>      \context Staff = "StaffTwo" {
>>        \context Voice = "VoiceTwo" {
>>          $secondStaff
>>        }
>           \context Lyrics = "LyricsTwo" \lyricmode {
>               \set associatedVoice = #"VoiceTwo"
>              $secondLyrics
>          }
>>      }
>>>>>>
>> #})
>>
>> intro = \parallelStaffs
>>   {c''4 c''}
> { ala ala }

You need to put \lyricsmode { ala ala }, because the content is lyrics,
not notes.

>>   {c'4 c'}
> { alb alb }
>>

>> verse = \parallelStaffs
>>   {d''4 d''}
> { bla bla }
>>
>>   {d'4 d'}
> { blb blb }
>>

>> \score {
>>   {
>>     \intro
>>     \verse
>>   }
>> }
>
> Thanks for tips.
>
> Antanas Budri?nas

You're ready to start Frogging if you want.  You're interested enough to try
some changes to make things the way you want them.  Just because you don't
succeed the first time doesn't disqualify you!

Good luck,

Carl