Re: collision between glissando and sharp

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: collision between glissando and sharp
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:42:54 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote:
This is a known bug - see issue 40.

The workaround given there is:

 \once \override Glissando #'gap = #0.5
 \once \override Glissando #'extra-offset = #'(-0.5 . 0)

Hope that's good enough for you, as the bug priority is low!

I was going to try and answer this one, having had to do this several times myself (using 2.10.33). But I got badly bogged down while checking my suggestion. This is because I have now moved to 2.12.1.

It seems to me that gap overrides are now ineffective. (And convert says nothing about this.)

With 2.12.1 a different override is effective: \override Glissando #'(bound-details right padding) = #2.5
This is a lot easier to apply!

C And re issue 40 (gathering dust): Why did Graham's workaround specifiy a gap of 0.5? This was 2.7.5's default too.
Cheers,
Robin