short instrument name setting

From: chip
Subject: short instrument name setting
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:09:41 -0700

When I use this in my score -

\set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"Trump 1"

and print the many parts from it, every part has the short name before every staff, I was hoping using the shortname would only apply to the score, as I think it should, it certainly is not needed on an instrument part. There must be an override to make the shortInstrumentName not appear on the individual parts?
--
Chip