Re: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 16:12:37 -0600

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

Yes, this is a job for scheme, because parenthesize is a music function, and
it needs to have music following it.  That's why you can't move it into an
identifier.

The custosNote example in Section 6.1.2 of the Notation Reference should
give you the pattern you need to use to define a music function
harmonicParenthesize (or hP for short, if you desire).

If you can't figure it out, ask a question or two.

HTH,

Carl

Thanks for the pointer, Carl! I'll give it a try tonight after the kids are in bed. I need to learn a bit of scheme. :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com