LilyPond in an Opera magazine

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: LilyPond in an Opera magazine
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:04:54 +0100

Hi all,
Valentin Villenave, one of our LilyPond gurus has been briefly
interviewed on a good quality Spanish magazine, Opera Actual[1]; I
enclose an English translation in the attached zip. Feel free to
improve the English wording or spelling of my translation draft. I
still don't know if it is a Spanish-only magazine.

LilyPond is mentioned among many inaccuracies, but it is always
pleasing to see this great piece of sofware in a widely spread,
printed public medium. The opera is a remarkable case partly because
it is licensed[9] as a piece of free sofware, in a form that matches
the goals of Creative Commons and the GPL. Its source code is freely
available, of course we are talking about music so this is only
possible thanks to a typesetting language such as LilyPond.

Valentin is also mentioned in the same magazine here[2] and here[3]

May the opera be a great success!

Other references to the Opera Libre /Affaire Étrangère/ are in [4][5][6][7][8].