Combining parts

From: northofscotland
Subject: Combining parts
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:41:44 -0800 (PST)

I am transcribing a piece which has a realised figured bass and which gives,
in effect, three top parts with the bass.  I am also trying to arrange it so
each part can be printed separately (for recorders) and to recombine the
parts back into a continuo part.

My problem is that when combining the top parts as separate voices, it looks
rather messy and confusing.  I can combine two parts with \partcombine, and
that does give a much better copy, but it still leaves the third part.  I
know that \partcombine can only handle two parts, but has anyone any idea
how three parts might similarly be combined?

Thanks