Re: cue notes, snippet does not work

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: cue notes, snippet does not work
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:52:03 -0700

On 1/25/09 2:37 PM, "Stefan Thomas" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Dear lilypond-users,
> I tried the example for cue notes I found in the snippet repository
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=388
> Unfortunately, I can't compile it with my version (2.12.0) of Lilypond.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks
> Stefan

Stefan,

When you have problems like this, it's always best to show the error
messages to see what is happening.

One thing you should understand is that LSR is currently running on 2.10, so
you will need to run convert-ly on LSR snippets before running them with
2.12.

In this particular snippet, it tells you what you need to do to fix it:

% the voice to be quoted
vI = \relative c'' { \clef "treble" f2 f | f f | f f | f f | f f | f f | f f
| f f | }
\addquote vIQuote { \vI }
% Lilypond >= 2.11 changed the spelling to \addQuote, so use the following
command instead
% \addquote vIQuote { \vI }

See that \addquote was used for 2.10, but \addQuote is used for 2.11+.

I suspect that if you fix that, it will work.  I'm fairly certain that if
you run convert-ly, it will fix it.

HTH,

Carl