Re: svg, inkscape, fonts

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: svg, inkscape, fonts
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:25:25 +1000

Matthieu Jacquot wrote:
Hello,
I use the pdf2svg script and then load svg files in Inkscape, it works
pretty well...

Works well indeed -- all notes, lines, fonts etc. just as they were in the pdf, in my quick test anyway (Inkscape 0.46 on Fedora 10).

Trying to load Lilypond pdfs into 0.46 produces the helpful message: Inkscape has encountered an internal error and will now close.

There's an active thread on svg output direct from 2.12, so keep an eye on that.

Meantime, if you desperately need drop shadows under chord symbols, or a star-spangled banner issuing from a half-note, pdf2svg will do the job fine.
http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/pdf2svg.html