Re: Breathe signs too narrow (slim) compared to barlines

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: Re: Breathe signs too narrow (slim) compared to barlines
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 04:09:26 -0800 (PST)

> A property that does work is 'minimum-X-extent, so I changed all
> 'extra-X-extent --> 'minimum-X-extent, and the attached image is the
> resulting output.  I don't know if this is more optimal or not, but
> there is certainly a problem here.  I'll raise this issue on
> lilypond-devel.

Hallo,
thank you very much. With the setting:
  \once \override BreathingSign  #'minimum-X-extent = #'(-1.6 . 0)
  \once \override BreathingSign  #'thickness = #2.1

to every BreathingSign in the gregorian.ly, I finally got more or less what
I wanted (see the picture).

However, the only thing which a bit discourages me from using Lilypond in my
musicological work is the fact that the documentation is somewhat behind the
current state of the program! I am always refering to the documentation
which is described as the "latest stable" - i.e. 2.12 and the outdated
definition of extra-X-extent are found there (B.13 Layout properties)!
On the other side, what encourages me to use Lilypond is this fantastic
forum, where one always gets hints how to solve the problems! Marvellous
support.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21762763/div3.png