Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: LilyPond, Finale and Sibelius (was Review of Valentin's Opera)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:14:52 +0200

David Stocker wrote:
I offer LilyPond engraving alongside output from Finale and Sibelius. None of my corporate clients ask for LilyPond, but I recommend it to them for classical engraving (of which I do very little). I have a handful of folks who take output from LilyPond.

David Stocker
http://notesettersinc.com

Nice to read this thread.
I'm wondering what about more modern or 'light' music, like POP and Jazz? How does it compare in this area? And what should be and can be done to improve Lilypond here? There where some threads about Jazz chords, will they be improved for example? And the horizontal spacing? I know people are working on tablature which is nice and I think Lilyond could become a very useful application for tablature 'notesetters'.

Looking forward to comments.

\r