Combining autochange and normal notation

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Combining autochange and normal notation
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 09:49:51 +0200

Hello,

I have a variation of a piece, where the first lines are played single voice over two staves and the other lines are normal upper/lower staves. To avoid a lot of silent rests I want to use the \autochange in the PianoStaff for the first lines and append the other in the same score.

At first I have a problem, to setup the environment for the \autochange as described in 2.2.1 (Common notation for keyboards/Changing staff automatically). Instead of settng the low staff key I get an additional one. Why do I get it and how it's done correct?

Second I want to combine both parts. I tried it as show in the third score. This doesnt compile. Therefore I have commented it out. Can you show me, how to write both, normal notation and \autochange in one score? I would prefer to use the musical expression definitions used in \score since these are in \included files.

Thanks,
Helge
\version "2.11.63"

%
% \autochange requires to write all in one line
%
changingStaff = {
\autochange \relative c {
  \clef treble \key as \minor \time 2/4
  as32 ces es as ces es as ces   as,,32 ces es as ces es as ces |
  g,,32 b des fes g b des fes g b des fes g b des fes |

%
% for horizontal notation define the staves seperately
%
up = \relative c' {
  \clef treble \key as \minor \time 2/4
  r32 es g ces es ces g es  r es g ces es ces g es
}

low = \relative c {
  \clef bass \key as \minor \time 2/4
  <ces es ges ces>4 r |