Re: How to input keysignature or timesignature in \markup?

From: Wei-Wei Guo
Subject: Re: How to input keysignature or timesignature in \markup?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:37:40 +0800

Dear Robin and all,

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to Lilypond. It cost me some time to understand
the snippet in your link. As I understand, the snippet is manipulating engraver
by restricting their appearance. It's a similar method with \remove. If my
understanding is right, I have tried the method and the result is kind of
disappointing. As I said in other email, this method will left too large white
border.

I keep on reading Lilypond's manual those days, I still cannot find a way to
input a single crotchet or quaver. I'm able be combine a note head and a flag
by \concat, but the stem is a problem. It's only one example of many symbols
that hard to input.

Could someone give any advice? Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

Robin Bannister ????:
Wei-Wei Guo wrote:
I still have no idea how to input some music symbols, such as a short
piece of pure staff, timesignature, keysignature, and so on.

Search the snippet repository for "engravers".
In particular, try out the (complete) snippet in http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=280