Re: hiding portions of slurs/ties around specific objects

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: hiding portions of slurs/ties around specific objects
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 09:49:32 -0700 (PDT)

One refinement I'd like to make to the macro is
in this block:

   #(if (or ;; append to this list if you get the warning:
            ;; "Ignoring grob for slur: <grob>. avoid-slur not set?"
            (equal? $top-grob "Fingering")
            (equal? $top-grob "Accidental")
            )
        'stencil
        'avoid-slur) = ##f

The reason it's there is because some grobs (like
Staff.Clef and Staff.TimeSignature) by default
have the 'avoid-slur property set to 'inside, which
means the slur will be forced away, potentially
defeating the whole purpose of the macro.

At the same time, some other grobs (like Fingering
and Staff.Accidental) will trigger a warning if you
try to set 'avoid-slur to #f. The only problem with
testing which grobs trigger the warning is that an
instance of each grob needs to be present in the
score for the warning to be triggered.

So the command
  \override Fingering #'avoid-slur = ##f
will trigger the warning only if there's actually a
fingering in the score following the command.

Does anyone know an easier way to find which grobs
trigger this warning? Then I can incorporate it into
the macro and save a little frustration for future
users.

Thanks.
- Mark