Embedding TeX/LaTeX in .ly files?

From: Greg Novak
Subject: Embedding TeX/LaTeX in .ly files?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 12:43:09 -0400

Hello,
Is it possible to embed Latex commands into text within .ly files?
Something like:

\markup{ 2^{nd}}, or perhaps \markup{ "$2^{nd}"}

I don't like the output of \super, but I use Latex all the time so I'm
quite comfortable with its commands, notation, etc.

For context: I started using Lilypond this morning and have gone
through the tutorial, part of the manual, and part of the "snippets"
page.  So it's quite possible that this is documented and I've just
missed it.

Thanks,
Greg