Re: Pick a pitch/instrument in MIDI output

From: Matthew Rowles
Subject: Re: Pick a pitch/instrument in MIDI output
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:38:45 +1000

I was thinking along the lines of defining my own sort of
drumpitch-init.ly file and mapping my notes to the midi pitches. Is
this possible?

I currently have:

%RightHand and LeftHand
pitchnamesSidedrum = #`(
  (rh . ,(ly:make-pitch 0 1 NATURAL))
  (lh . ,(ly:make-pitch 0 -1 NATURAL))
)
#(ly:parser-set-note-names parser pitchnamesSidedrum)

and tell Lilypond to map those notes to the snare sound (or the bass or tomtom)?

any hints on how the drumpth-init.ly file actually works?