dual window editor

From: rathcoffey
Subject: dual window editor
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:26:19 +0000 (UTC)

I'm a new user of Lily Pond.  I'm running the program under Windows XP (I know, I know, don't tell me...)  I find it fast and easy to use.  I prefer it to Finale because it's so easy to debug the code.

JEdit is O.K., but it would be a big help to me if there were a dual-window editor that would incorporate an interpreter (rather than a compiler).  One window would show the text file as it was being developed; the other side would display - on command - the resulting PDF image.  (Think of the way the Matlab editor works.)  It would make debugging much easier to be able to see the results of code changes immediately, rather than have to save the .LY file and then call LP, then look at the result in Adobe.

Thanks for considering this...

M.W.