Re: can't find lilypond in publisher section of Cygwin download mirror s

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: can't find lilypond in publisher section of Cygwin download mirror setup offers
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:13:40 -0500

Tom Moonen wrote:
I'm interested to use Lilypond, followed instructions at
http://lilypond.org/web/install/cygwin, but i can't find lilypond in the
publisher section of Cygwin download mirror setup offers.
If you could redirect me, i'd much appreciate it. Thanks,
Tom Moonen

Hi Tom,

You won't need to use Cygwin to run Lilypond anymore. Just get the windows version of the binary (the .exe file) here:

http://lilypond.org/web/install/

and then do a usual install procedure for windows programs. When you double-click on the icon created on your desktop, you'll get a welcome message showing how to use the program.

Best,

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp