Re: scheme function for transposition

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: scheme function for transposition
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:46:24 +0200

Josiah Boothby schrieb:
I think you have to declare two variables:
#(define-music-function (parser location trans notes) (ly:music? ly:music?)
#{
 \transpose c $trans { $notes }
#})

Sorry, I forgot to answer to the list, but as my proposal doesn't
work anyway, it doesn't matter.
The problem appears to be that \transpose is expecting a notename, not
a variable, so this has the same problem, and doubled.
Searching in the archives, I found in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-09/msg00084.html

that \transpose can't be used with variables, but there is

(ly:music-transpose <music expression> <pitch>)

which you could use instead.

Marc

Thank you,

Josiah