Re: Problems with Piano Staff Template

From: Mark Austin
Subject: Re: Problems with Piano Staff Template
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:00:45 +0100

Thanks James. Works a treat now. However, this means the error is in
the template in the Learning Manual, since I copied it straight over.

The first few lines of the first \score block should be:

\score {
  \new PianoStaff = "PianoStaff_pf" <<
    \new Staff = "Staff_pfUpper" << \global \upper >>
    \new Dynamics = "Dynamics_pf" \dynamics
    \new Staff = "Staff_pfLower" <<\global \lower >>
    \new Dynamics = "pedal" \pedal

A subsidiary question. What does the second \score block do?

On 01/06/2009, James E. Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:
> You've omitted the \global from your score block. It should happen
> simultaneously with the music, so <<\global \lower>>
> Am 01.06.2009 um 09:38 schrieb Mark Austin:
>
>> I'm trying to engrave a set of tunes. It uses the Piano format with
>> centred dynamics, so I used the template in the Learning manual,
>> editing out the stuff used in the manual. However, I can't change the
>> tempo or key. I've edited the global variable as shown, but it still
>> comes out in C and common time. Have I removed something I shouldn't
>> have, or have I missed something
>>
>> Here's the code:
<snip>

--