Preview?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Preview?
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:53:23 -0400

Back in the olden days (lilypond 2.0 or so) there used to be a command
line option --preview which would produce a .png file of the first line
of the piece.

It seems to have been removed, and I'd like to have something like that
for the new website.

I could probably write a script that would do a version without the
headers and print one line per page and trim the first page.  But is
this the right approach, and if so has someone already done anything
like this?  If not, how would you do it?

The new website is starting to be ready for *friendly* eyes at
<http://www.serpentpublications.org/wordpress>.  I still don't have the
music images I asked about a couple of weeks ago; I'm hoping to get back
to that problem tomorrow or Monday.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

With all these books, as with any on the subject, do not expect to
turn yourself into an expert via the printed word alone.  You can
commit to memory everything Lichine has to say about Gevrey-Chambertin
and still have no idea whether you would like the wine.

Kingsley Amis, _On Drink_