Re: adding note head to incompatible stem

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: adding note head to incompatible stem
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

Haipeng,

Are you arranging the Military Polonaise? Looks fun. Anyway, you
really should be using \partcombine for this. Below is a lilypond
file with comments formatted in the following way:

%** heading
%* subheading
%{
comment
%}

Is there a better way to format things? Let me know.
Hope this helps.
- Mark

(start of outline; file is below)

%** Set accidental-style to "modern" for all staves.
%{
comment
%}
%* Define "modern" identifier to use in \layout block.
%* \layout block using "modern" identifier.

%** Identifiers provided by you: "moltocr" and "offCr".
%* "moltocr" identifier.
%{
comment
%}
%* "offCr" identifier.

%** 4 new identifiers: "global", "oboeDynamics", "oboeI", and "oboeII".
%* "global" identifier.
%* "oboeDynamics" identifier.
%* "oboeI" identifier.
%* "oboeII" identifier.

%** Score demonstrating use of \partcombine.

(end of outline, start of file)

\version "2.13.0"

%** Set accidental-style to "modern" for all staves.
%{
This is a little advanced, I guess. I put this here because the
default accidental setting doesn't provide courtesy accidentals at
the beginning of new measures. In your original example, the
B-flat
slurred to the B in the upper voice from the first to the second
measure looked in fact like a tie on B-flat. If you want, you can
just
copy this code (the "modern" identifier and \layout block) at the
top
of your file.
%}
%* Define "modern" identifier to use in \layout block.
modern =
#`(Staff ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave 0)
         ,(make-accidental-rule 'any-octave 0)
         ,(make-accidental-rule 'same-octave 1))

%* \layout block using "modern" identifier.
\layout {
    \context {
        \Score
    autoAccidentals = #modern
    autoCautionaries = #modern

%** Identifiers provided by you: "moltocr" and "offCr".
%* "moltocr" identifier.
%{
I commented out the DynamicTextSpanner override; it looked bad.
I made the "M" in "Molto cresc" lower-case.
%}
moltocr = {
  \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "molto cresc." }
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
%  \override DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'dotted-line
}

%* "offCr" identifier.
offCr = {
  \unset crescendoText
  \unset crescendoSpanner
  \revert DynamicTextSpanner #'style
}

%** 4 new identifiers: "global", "oboeDynamics", "oboeI", and "oboeII".
%* "global" identifier.
global = {
  \key d \major \time 3/4
}

%* "oboeDynamics" identifier.
oboeDynamics = {
  s2.\mf s
  s4.\f\< s8\p \moltocr s4\<
  s4 \offCr s\fz\> s\!
}

%* "oboeI" identifier.
oboeI =
\relative a'' {
  \clef treble
  a8 a16 a a8-. g16( a) bes4( |
  b8) b16 b b8-. a16( b) c4( |
  g8) g16( g g8-.) g16( d-. e fis g gis) |
  a ais b cis e4( d8) r
}

%* "oboeII" identifier.
oboeII =
\relative ees'' {
  \clef treble
  ees8 ees16 ees ees8-. ees16( ees) d8 d |
  f8 f16 f f8-. f16( f) e8 e |
  c8 c16( d e8-.) c16( d-. e fis g gis) |
  a ais b cis e4( d8) r
}