Re: Problems regarding figured bass

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Problems regarding figured bass
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:44:27 -0500

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 6/14/09 3:38 AM, "Reinhold Kainhofer" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm running into several problems with figured bass while writing another
large
orchestral piece. Attached is a sample file highlighting these issues:

1) How can I add a figure above a rest? It works for skips, but a figure
assigned to a rest simply isn't printed at all... (see first vs. second
measure, where the same figured bass input is used!)
It works if I use \new FiguredBass for the figured bass, but I need the
figures
in the staff, since otherwise they are printed below and they align
vertically,
causing them to be too far away from the staff in most places.

Have you tried ignoreFiguredBassRest?

Right, this works in my scores if set like this:

\set Staff.ignoreFiguredBassRest = ##f

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp