Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: MIDI export: \partial measure and volta repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:04:29 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Please note that Francisco did not say that you have to repeat any of the actual music in your LilyPond file. It should be easy to obtain the things that have been discussed in this thread using only two separate \score blocks for the printed version and the MIDI version, if you make use of variables in a suitable way.

yes, actually the example written by Peter Chubb helped me understanding how to use \unfoldRepeats.

But what about the starting partial measure?
*How can I tell in the midi score section: "hey, substitute the \partial in the first measure with a rest"?*

If I can set this variable, I can remove the voices I wrote specifically for the MIDI.
And my score would get back to normal size :)

Regarding your problems with polyphony, you should figure out what kind of MIDI construct that TuxGuitar will turn into the kind of polyphony that you are looking for. There are many different ways to generate MIDI files.

I see, I'll search some info in the TuxGuitar website (today I can't reach it).
Thanks for your help