Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:52:44 +0100

2009/6/17 Ted Walther <address@hidden>:
> Neil, great work on Sacred Harp stuff.

Thank you. :)

I think this was one of my first attempts at LilyPond hacking.

> In minor keys, the sixth degree is played half a step higher than is
> written.  Can you alter the minor mode so that when I correctly write
> the sixth degree half a step higher, it doesn't show the sharp sign?

Sounds like you'd find a suppress-accidental feature useful too
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00346.html).

Alternatively, I think it would be possible to create a new accidental
style which combines the basic features of one of the standard styles
(would you be using 'default?) with a check for the sixth degree.

Regards,
Neil