Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: SacredHarpHeads: possible solution to major/minor problem
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> I can't figure out how to override the stencil.  I've been banging my head
> against it for half an hour and I give up.  Here's the basic structure of my
> failed override:
>
> \override Staff.keySignature #'stencil = #ly:key-signature-interface::print
>
> But then I just get errors and failures no matter what I put after that. I
> can't
> find an example anywhere showing a keysignature stencil override.  Can
> someone
> show me the hocus-pocus for this?

\override Staff.KeySignature #'stencil =
  #(lambda (grob) (ly:key-signature-interface::print grob))

You might start here
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Scheme-procedures-as-properties

I must say, I *totally* understand what you're going through.
This stuff is painfully non-intuitive. I'll try help if I have
some time later.

You might be in for some frustrations as you try to learn callbacks.
Just a warning.

Good luck.
- Mark