RE: Large square brackets for modern notation

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: Large square brackets for modern notation
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:38:54 +1000

As an aside, jpedal as included with LilypondTool renders these brackets
incorrectly if you use mitred corners. If I have

#(define lbracket "0.25 setlinewidth
        0 setlinejoin
        0 setlinecap
        0.5 -2 moveto
        -2 0 rlineto
        0 8.8 rlineto
        2 0 rlineto
        stroke")
#(define rbracket "0.25 setlinewidth
        0 setlinejoin
        0 setlinecap
        0.5 -2 moveto
        2 0 rlineto
        0 8.8 rlineto
        -2 0 rlineto
        stroke")

\relative c' {
        c4-\markup { \postscript #lbracket } c c c-\markup { \postscript
#rbracket }
}

jPedal shows the brackets as having bevelled corners rather than mitred
corners. If I load the PDF into Adobe reader, the corners correctly display
as mitred.

Nick