Re: new website: initial comments

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: new website: initial comments
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:39:44 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:
Here's a very rough initial draft of our new website:
http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/out/lilypond-general_1.html
The purple background as used on the documentation page has terrible contrast/clash with the blue of unvisited links on Firefox on Linux making it really hard to read. It makes me squint because my brain thinks something's out of focus. Then, after you visit them the visited link color is too close to the purple--they almost disappear. Additionally, the use of dark colors with black text makes my eyes work to hard. The following choices are more readable on my machine while giving a similar effect.

..docs-beginner {
 float: left;
 width: 48%;
 border: 1pt solid black;