Re: new website: draft 3

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: new website: draft 3
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:15:39 -0700

On the Crash Course page you've made me double my understanding of /batch/ system. When we used it years ago we meant as opposed to interactive. You submitted your batch job with job control and all the jobs got ran in batches with all the other jobs that were ready when the operator got around to it or as the result of a certain time coming around. We would have used lilypond in an interative system by typing the command when we wanted it to run and having it run right then which is what I think I do now. I never have to submit jobs for lilypond and it runs interactively when I ask it to.

Patrick