jEdit startup problems (was: lilybuntu confusion)

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: jEdit startup problems (was: lilybuntu confusion)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:28:00 +0200

No, it cannot be related.

How do you start jEdit?
Try to start it from cmd command line:
java -jar jedit.jar
There you will have console output that would help identifying the problem.
Also the .jedit/properties file would help.

Feel free to send me these outputs, I'll try my best to help.

One more thing: look in the process list, to see if javaw (that is, jedit) is still running. That could be an obstacle of starting jedit.

Bert

Mark Polesky wrote:
Jonathan Kulp wrote:

You use the lilybuntu.iso file to install the lily-dev ready
Ubuntu.

Okay, I think I got somewhere, but now jEdit won't open on my
host drive. I don't know if it's related, but installing
VirtualBox/lilybuntu is the only thing that really changed since
I could last open jEdit...

I tried troubleshooting jEdit according to their FAQ, but jEdit
still won't open.

Could it be related? I need my jEdit!
- Mark