Re: Note names above pitches

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Note names above pitches
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:31:04 -0700 (PDT)

Adam Good wrote:
> Do I want help with the Hamparsum stuff?? Um, yes please!

I don't see any major obstacles to implementing something like this,
though it may entail quite a bit of work. My first observation is that
it's not quite as simple as the shape-note stuff, since it's clear
that octave displacements affect the notehead stencil. In the end, the
internal workings may have more in common with \autochange, which can
differentiate between octaves.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-notation-for-keyboards#Changing-staff-automatically

Some of the projects I'm working on have led me specifically in that
direction, but I haven't yet come to terms with that code. Once I do,
I'll be more in a position to determine how to help. For the moment,
feel free to ask any questions you come up with.

- Mark