new website, draft 7

From: Graham Percival
Subject: new website, draft 7
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:42:57 -0700

Hi all,

http://lilypond.org/~graham/index.html

We have a few experiments with the design, such as a condensed
2nd-layer TOC.  This allows all the Manuals to fit onto my
800-pixel wide screen, but the text _is_ smaller.  Let us know
what you think.

We've also moved to a gradient color scheme, sliding from algae
green to decaying-leaves tan.  (I say this because I have the
greatest of respect for Patrick McCarty)
These colors certainly match the "lilypond" name, but it is what
you want on your website?  If not, send us an alternate style
sheet!  It's very easy to add alternate sheets to the build
process, so I'd love it if draft 8 had half a dozen different
style sheets.  Even if you just change the colors, it would still
help foster discussion.
RULE: you can't modify the html at all.  You can ONLY send a new
.css file.  Current css file:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/lilypond-general.css

On the content side, Introduction seems to have stalled.  I'd
really like to get this going, since the translation
infrastructure will be ready for people to work on translating the
website soon.  It would suck if the translators were left
twiddling their thumbs because the English version of the web site
was still in flux.

Cheers,
- Graham