Re: French acccents

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: French acccents
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 12:04:28 +0200

Hm, strange that you can't use the Special Characters. I can't think of any
reason why it shouldn't work. I can use it without any problems.

Anyway: Are you sure that the encoding is UTF-8? Close TeXShop, open it again
and check Preferences. In the case of »é« I think you are using the wrong
the acute accent »´« (unfortunately I don't know where or whether you can find
it on your keyboard. Look here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~awinkelried/keyboard_shortcuts.html

Hope that helps,
Patrick