Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Big Measures in Large Ensemble
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:39:28 -0700 (PDT)

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > There is a problem, however -- a
> > slight extra space appears where the invisible fake-barlines
> > (possible break-points) are. And the obvious way of correcting
> > that didn't work. I'll ask the other developers if there's a way
> > to fix that.
>
> I've reported this already:
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=462
>
> Maybe Joe can now `fiddle' with it, as announced :-)

Actually, I think the solution may be trivial. I *think* it's simply
a case of updating some values in the 'space-alist property of
BarLine for the special case of \bar "". I had been using 'X-extent
which would add space but setting it to '(0 . 0) didn't remove the
space. I'm looking into it.

- Mark