Re: website: why do you use lilypond?

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Re: website: why do you use lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:52:25 +0100

2009/8/1 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Also, can you improve any examples?  I mean, the Goyescas /
> Granados example and Cary / Baca examples look *wicked awesome*.
> In contrast, the tablature example bores me to tears, the vocal
> music example is probably missing a / accent in "trou-ve", etc.

A pop example presents obvious copyright issues. A solution might be
pop hits of traditional folk songs -- Elvis Presley's "Wooden Heart"
(you'd have to use the verse where he sings in German/Schwabish,
becaue the English words would be copyright), Steeleye Span's "All
Around My Hat" (as long as you don't cross from verse into chorus,
because they're from different songs and putting them together might
be considered a copyrightable creative act), Thin Lizzie's "Whisky In
the Jar", Eddie Reader's "My Love is Like a Red, Red, Rose" (arguably
not folk, but still public domain and pop), and so on. As long as we
worked out some chords for ourselves rather than taking them straight
from the record we should be fine.

--
Tim Rowe