Re: Permission denied due to MIDI with percussion

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Permission denied due to MIDI with percussion
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:39:36 -0500

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM, dflo404 <address@hidden> wrote:

Wow I feel dumb.  I just realized it was doing that because the MIDI file was
still open.  I closed it out and it worked fine.

Glad you figured it out, Dan. Your code ran just fine for me, too. :)

Still though, after looking at my code could you guys lend any advice?  I
don't really understand the whole Score part, I just have that all there
after looking at other examples.

Your \score block looks o.k., although the indentation looks funny in my email reader. It's probably fine in your editor. I'd recommend using barchecks after each bar, too. (put a | at the end of a bar)  These can be very helpful in tracking down errors in rhythms. Otherwise things look pretty good to me.

BTW, your name looks awfully familiar. I seem to recall someone named Dan Florio in Fairborn, Ohio when I was growing up in the mid-70s to early 80s. He may have been in my brother's grade, though. Did you know a guy named Rick Kulp back then?

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com